1. Balcombe, N. R., Ferry, P. G. & Saweirs, W. M. (2001). Nutritional status and well being. Is there a relationship between body mass index and the well-being of older people? Curr Med Res Opin, 17(1), 1-7
2. Bonsignore, M., Barkow, K., Jessen, F. & Heun, R. (2001). Validity of the five-item WHO Well-Being Index (WHO-5) in an elderly population. Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci, 251 Suppl 2, Ii27-31.
3. Boykova, E. & Zolotaryova, L. (2011). Working activity as the indicator of the social health of the elderly person.
4. Carmel, S. (2011). The will to live as an indicator of well-being and predictor of survival in old age. Unpublished manuscript.
5. Castellano Fuentes, C. L. (2014). An analysis of the relationship between the attitudes towards old age and ageing, and well-being indicators in a sample of old people. Revista Espanola de Geriatria y Gerontologia, 49(3), 108-114.
6. Daaleman, T. P. & Frey, B. B. (2004). The Spirituality Index of Well-Being: a new instrument for health-related quality-of-life research. Ann Fam Med, 2(5), 499-503.
7. Feldman, P. H. & Oberlink, M. R. (2003). Developing community indicators to promote the health and well-being of older people. Family & community health, 26(4), 268-274.
8. Global AgeWatch Index. (2014). Insight report. from www.globalagewatch.org.
9. Gosselin, S., Desrosiers, J., Corriveau, H., Hebert, R., Rochette, A., Provencher, V., . . . Tousignant, M. (2008). Outcomes during and after inpatient rehabilitation: comparison between adults and older adults. J Rehabil Med, 40(1), 55-60. doi: 10.2340/16501977-0144.
10. Groessl, E. J., Kaplan, R. M., Barrett-Connor, E. & Ganiats, T. G. (2004). Body mass index and quality of well-being in a community of older adults. Am J Prev Med, 26(2), 126-129.
11. Grossi, E., Groth, N., Mosconi, P., Cerutti, R., Pace, F., Compare, A. & Apolone, G. (2006). Development and validation of the short version of the Psychological General Well-Being Index (PGWB-S). Health Qual Life Outcomes, 4, 88. doi: 10.1186/1477-7525-4-88.
12. Heun, R., Burkart, M., Maier, W. & Bech, P. (1999). Internal and external validity of the WHO Well-Being Scale in the elderly general population. Acta Psychiatr Scand, 99(3), 171-178.
13. Islam, S. N. and M. Clarke (2002). "The Relationship between Economic Development and Social Welfare: A New Adjusted GDP Measure of Welfare." Social Indicators Research 57(2): 201-229.
14. Kai, I., Ohi, G., Kobayashi, Y., Ishizaki, T., Hisata, M. & Kiuchi, M. (1991). Quality of life: a possible health index for the elderly. Asia Pac J Public Health, 5(3), 221-227.
15. Kaneda, T., Lee, M. & Pollard, K. (2011). SCL/PRB Index of Well-Being in Older Populations. Washington DC: Population Reference Bureau.
16. Miringoff, M. L. & Policy, F. I. f. I. I. S. (1995). The Index of Social Health: Monitoring the Social Well-being of the Nation : Special Section : Comparing Social Health and Economic Growth: Fordham Institute for Innovation in Social Policy, Fordham University Graduate Center.
17. Rojo-Perez, F., Fernandez-Mayoralas, G., Rodriguez-Rodriguez, V., Forjaz, M.-J., Rodriguez-Blazquez, C., Prieto-Flores, M.-E. & Martinez-Martin, P. (2012). The Personal Wellbeing among Community-Dwelling Older Adults in Spain and Associated Factors. Journal of Social Research & Policy, 3(2), 67.
18. Stafford, J. (2004). The importance of leisure for good health: Native American elders' perspectives. Paper presented at the GERONTOLOGIST.
19. United Nations (2014). Concise report on the world population situation in 2014. New York: Department of Economic and Social Affairs of the United Nations.
20. Waddell, S. (1995). Lessons from the healthy cities movement for social indicator development. Social Indicators Research, 34(2), 213-235.
21. WHO (2011). Global health and aging: World Health Organization.