[Home ] [Archive]   [ فارسی ]  
:: Main :: About :: Current Issue :: Archive :: Search :: Submit :: Contact ::
:: Volume 7, Issue 29 (7-2008) ::
2008, 7(29): 197-226 Back to browse issues page
Proposed Model for Drug Addiction Prevention Training in Schools Based on the Viewpoints of Students and Teachers throughout the Country
Akhtar Jamali , Majid Ghorbani
Abstract:   (1035 Views)

Objectives: in the literature of drug abuse prevention, adolescents and youngsters are especially emphasized (because of their vulnerability to perceived fascinates of consuming addictive substances and delaying the first time of its consumption). In present article, since there is no designed prevention model in domestic schools, it is attempted to answer these questions: how is the relevance of necessary items in “drug addiction prevention training in Iranian schools” model (training strategies and issues) in terms of viewpoints of students, teachers and trainers of preliminary, secondary and high schools at 29 pedagogy provinces regarding each item? Which model can be provided for drug addiction prevention training in schools based on the answers of students and trainers to a questionnaire in the field of drug abuse prevention model in the country? Method: this is a survey-descriptive research with sectional method. The execution method is that after comparative studies regarding drug abuse prevention plans in Iranian schools and other countries, a questionnaire was designed (by target groups) that used relevant contents and items. Afterwards, to execute the pilot as pre-test and achieving the reliability and validity, a sample of designed questionnaire was distributed, collected and analyzed by Excel software in the format of 184 main tables along with relevant graphs by applying descriptive statistics and central tendency indicators. The sample was selected by using simple random sampling method and with the coordination of debriefed pedagogy colleagues. The student sample was totally 29,000 which consists of 1000 in each province namely 340, 330 and 330 students in high, secondary and preliminary schools respectively. The teachers sample was totally 2900 which consists of 100 in each province namely 34, 33 and 33 teachers in high, secondary and preliminary schools respectively. Findings: following results were achieved in 6 studied statistical communities: A. The poii results among students in preliminary, secondary and high schools: among 330 preliminary students, 91% of whom chose “I like to know” and remained 9% chose “I do not like to know” options regarding the relevance of training issues in drug abuse prevention. Among 330 secondary students, 49% chose “completely appropriate” and 33% chose “appropriate” options. It shows that 82% of them agree to implement preventive plans in schools. 17% chose “not appropriate” option. Among 340 high school students, 54% chose “completely appropriate” and 32% chose “appropriate” options. It shows that 68% of them agree to execute preventive plans in schools and 14% opposes it. B. The poii results among students in preliminary, secondary and high schools: among 33 preliminary school teachers, 66% chose “completely appropriate” and 28% chose “appropriate” options. It shows that totally 94% agreed the drug abuse prevention plans in schools by considering “maximum relevance degree”. Finally, 6% believed that training items included in the questionnaire are not appropriate. Among 33 secondary school teachers, 57% chose “completely appropriate” and 32% chose “appropriate” options. It shows that totally 89% agreed the drug abuse prevention plans in schools by considering “maximum appropriate degree”. Remained 11% chose “not appropriate” option and announced their opposition. Among 34 high school teachers, 58% chose “completely appropriate” and 29% chose “appropriate” options. It shows that totally 87% agreed the drug abuse prevention plans in schools by considering “maximum relevance degree”. Finally, 13% believed that training items are not appropriate. Results: the results indicate the fact that the relevance degree of necessary drug addiction prevention training model in schools in terms of students and teachers is 87%. In this line, drug addiction training model in schools was designed by considering the high percentage of training relevance items with the needs of students and teachers as well as cultural, social and economical conditions. The model includes philosophy, aim, theoretical basics, experiences, conceptual framework, infrastructures and assessment methods.

Keywords: Drug Addiction, Drug Addiction Prevention Factors, Educational Curriculum, Prevention Method, Students, Teachers
Full-Text [PDF 519 kb]   (7052 Downloads)    
Type of Study: orginal |
Received: 2015/09/9 | Accepted: 2015/09/9 | Published: 2015/09/9
Send email to the article author

Add your comments about this article
Your username or Email:

CAPTCHA code


XML   Persian Abstract   Print


Download citation:
BibTeX | RIS | EndNote | Medlars | ProCite | Reference Manager | RefWorks
Send citation to:

Jamali A, Ghorbani M. Proposed Model for Drug Addiction Prevention Training in Schools Based on the Viewpoints of Students and Teachers throughout the Country. Social Welfare. 2008; 7 (29) :197-226
URL: http://refahj.uswr.ac.ir/article-1-2092-en.html


Volume 7, Issue 29 (7-2008) Back to browse issues page
فصلنامه رفاه اجتماعی Social Welfare Quarterly
Persian site map - English site map - Created in 0.06 seconds with 31 queries by YEKTAWEB 3772