1. Allison, K. R. , Adlaf, E. M. , Irving, H. M. , Hatch, J. L. , Smith, T. F. , Dwyer, J. J. M. , et al. (2005). Relationship of vigorous physical activity to psychologic distressamong adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 37, 164-166.
2. -American Diabetes Care. (2013). Ecenonmic costs of diabetes in the U. S in 2012. March 6, 2013, doi: 10. 2337/dc12-2625 Diabetes Care March 6, 2013
3. - Anderssen, N. , & Wold, B. (1992). Parental and peer influences on leisure-time physical activity in young adolescents. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport, 63 (4), 341-348.
4. - Anderson, P. M. , Butcher, K. F. (2012), Childhood Obesity: Trends and Potential Causes, Pediatr Clin North Am, 59 (3):677-92, ix. doi: 10. 1016/j. pcl. 2012. 03. 021.
5. -Andreyeva, T. , Puhl, R. M. , Brownell, K. D. (2008), Changes in perceived weight discrimination among Americans, 1995-1996 through 2004-2006. Obesity. 16 (5):1129-34. doi: 10. 1038/oby. 2008. 35. Epub 2008 Feb 28.
6. - Atkinson, R. L. , & Nitzke, S. A. (2001). School based programmes on obesity: Increase knowledge about nutrition but do not change eating habits by much. British Medical Journal, 323 (7320), 1018-1019.
7. -Berkowitz, R. I. , & Stunkard, A. J. (2002). Development of childhood obesity. In, T. A. Wadden & A. J. Stunkard (Eds. ), Handbook of obesity treatment (pp. 515-531). New York: Guilford Press.
8. -Birch, L. L. , & Fisher, J. O. (2000). Mothers’ child-feeding practices influence daughters’ eating and weight. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 71, 1054- 1061.
9. -Birch, L. L. , Fisher, J. O. , & Davison, K. K. (2003). Learning to overeat: Maternal use of restrictive feeding practices promotes girls’ eating in the absence of hunger. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 78, 215-220.
10. -Blackburn, G. L. (2002). Weight loss and risk factors. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ). New York: Guilford Press.
11. -Blair, S. N. , & Leermakers, E. A. (2002). Exercise and weight management. In T. A. Wadden & A. J. Stunkard (Eds. ), Handbook of obesity treatment. New York: Guilford Press.
12. - Bogle V, Sykes C. (2011), Psychological interventions in the treatment of childhood obesity: what we know and need to find out.. J Health Psychol,16 (7):997-1014. doi: 10. 1177/1359105310397626. Epub 2011 Mar 28.
13. - Brannon, L. , Feist J. ( 2007), Health Psychology: An Introduction to Behavior and Health Thomson/ Wadsworth.
14. -Brownell, K. D. (2010). The humbling experience of treating obesity: should we persist or desist? Behaviour Research and Therapy, 48, 717–719.
15. - Brownell, K. D. , & Wadden, T. A. (1992). Etiology and treatment of obesity: Understanding a serious, prevalent, and refractory disorder. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 60 (4), 505-517.
16. -Burke, C. A. Mindfulness-Based Approaches with Children and Adolescents: A Preliminary Review of Current Research in an Emergent Field 2009. J Child Fam Stud DOI 10. 1007/s10826-009-9282-x
17. - Cooper, Z. , Doll, H. A. , Hawker, D. M. , Byrne, S. , Bonner, G. , Eeley, E. , O’Connor, M. E, Fairburn, C. G. (2010). Testing a new cognitive behavioral treatment for obesity: A randomized controlled trial with three-year follow-up. Behav Res Ther. 2010 Aug; 48 (8): 706–713. doi: 10. 1016/j. brat. 2010. 03. 008, PMCID: PMC2923743. doi:10. 1016/j. brat. 2010. 03. 008,Behaviour Research and Therapy 48 (2010) 706e713
18. -Cooper, Z. , & Fairburn, C. G. (2001). A new cognitive behavioural approach to the treatment of obesity. Behaviour Research and Therapy, 39, 449-511.
19. - Cooper, Z. , Fairburn, C. F. , & Hawker, D. M. (2003). Cognitive-behavioral treatment of obesity. A clinician’s guide. New York: Guilford Press.
20. - Crawford JD, Osler DC. (1975), Body composition at menarche. The Frisch- Revelle hypothesis revisited. Pediatrics 1975;56:449-58.
21. - Dalen, J. ,Smith, B. W. , Shelley, B. M. ,LeeSloan, A. , Leahigh, L. , Begay, D. (2010). Complementary Therapies in Medicine (2010) Pilot study :Mindful Eating and Living (MEAL):Weight, eating behavior, and psychological outcomes associated with a mindfulness-based intervention for people with obesity. Complementary Therapies in Medicine. YCTIM-1044; No. ofPages5
22. -Danielsen, Y. S. , Nordhus, I. H. , Júlíusson, P. B. , Mæhled, M. , Pallesen, S. (2013). Effect of a family-based cognitive behavioural intervention on body mass index, self-esteem and symptoms of depression in children with obesity (aged 7—13): A randomised waiting list controlled trial, Obesity Research & Clinical Practice. 7, e116—e128
23. - Decaluwe, V. , Braet, C. , & Fairburn, C. G. (2003). Binge eating in obese children and adolescents. International Journal of Eating Disorders, 33, 78-84.
24. - Dietz, W. H. (2002). Medical complications of obesity in children and adolescents. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ). New York: Guilford Press.
25. -Eckel, R. et al. (2011). Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes: What Can Be Unified and What Needs to Be Individualized. Care diabetes journal. no. 34 ; p. 1424 (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ). New York: Guilford Press.
26. - Epstein, L. H. , Coleman, K. J. , & Myers, M. D. (1996). Exercise in treating obesity in children and adolescents. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 28 (4), 428-435.
27. - Epstein, L. H. , & Goldfield, G. S. (1999). Physical activity in the treatment of childhood overweight and obesity: Current evidence and research issues. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 31 (11), s553-559
28. - Falkner, N. , French, S. , Jeffery, R. , Neumark-Sztainer, D. , Sherwood, N. , & Morton, N. (1999). Mistreatment due to weight: prevalence and sources of perceived mistreatment in women and men. Obesity Research, 7 (6), 572-576.
29. -Field, A. E. , Barnoya, J. , & Colditz, G. A. (2002). Epidemiology and health and economic consequences of obesity. In T. A. Wadden & A. J. Stunkard (Eds. ), Handbook of obesity treatment (pp. 3-18). New York: Guilford Press.
30. - Fogelholm, M. , Nuutinen, O. , Pasanen, M. , Myohanen, E. , & Saatela, T. (1999). Parentchild relationship of physical activity patterns and obesity. International Journal of Obesity, 23, 1262-1268.
31. - Freedman, D. S. , Dietz, W. H. , Srinivasan, S. R. , & Berenson, G. S. (1999). The relation of overweight to cardiovascular risk factors among children and adolescents: The Bogalusa Heart Study. Pediatrics, 103 (6), 1175-1182.
32. - French, S. A. , Story, M. T. , & Perry, C. L. L. (1995). Self-esteem and obesity in children and adolescents: A literature review. Obesity Research, 3, 479-490.
33. - Friedman, M. A. , & Brownell, K. D. (2002). Psychological consequences of obesity. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ). New York: Guilford Press. 55
34. - Friedman, M. A. , Wilfley, D. E. , Pike, K. M. , Striegel-Moore, R. H. , & Rodin, J. (1995). The relationship between weight and psychological functioning among adolescent girls. Obesity Research, 3, 57-62.
35. - Frisch RE. (1984). Body fat, puberty ad fertility. Biol Rev;59:161-88.
36. - Godsey, J. (2013). The role of mindfulness based interventions in the treatment of obesity and eating disorders: an integrative review. Complement Ther Med. 21 (4):430-9. doi: 10. 1016/j. ctim. 2013. 06. 003. Epub 2013 Jul 9.
37. - , Golan M. , Kaufman, V. ,Shahar, D. R. (2006). Childhood obesity treatment: targeting parents exclusively v. parents and children. British Journal of Nutrition / Volume 95 / Issue 05 / May 2006, pp 1008-1015,Copyright © The Nutrition Society, DOI: http://dx. doi. org/10. 1079/BJN20061757
38. -Goldfield, Gary S. ; Raynor, Hollie A. ; Epstein, Leonard H. Wadden, Thomas A. (Ed); Stunkard, Albert J. (Ed), (2002). Treatment of pediatric obesity, Handbook of obesity treatment. , (pp. 532-555). New York, NY, US: Guilford Press, xv, 624 pp.
39. - Goodman, N. , Dornbusch, S. M. , Richardson, S. A. , & Hastorf, A. H. (1963). Variant reactions to physical disability. American Sociological Review, 28, 47-55.
40. -Gortmaker, S. L. , Must, A. , Perrin, J. M. , Sobol, A. M. , & Dietz, W. H. (1993). Social and economic consequences of overweight in adolescence and young adulthood. New England Journal of Medicine, 329 (14), 1008-1012.
41. - Griggs, J. J. , Sabel, M. S. ( 2008 ). Obesity and Cancer Treatment: Weighing the Evidence by American Society of Clinical Oncology
42. - Grossman, P. , Niemann, L. , Schmidt, S. , Walach, H. (2004). Mindfulness-based stress reduction and health benefits. A meta-analysis. J Psychosom Res. 2004 Jul; 57 (1):35-43.
43. - Guzzaloni, G. , Grugni, G. , Minocci, A. , Moro, D. , & Morabitio, F. (2000). Liver steatosis in juvenile obesity: Correlation with lipid profile, hepatic biochemical parameters and glycemic and insulinemic responses to oral glucose tolerance test. International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders, 24, 772- 776.
44. -Hill, J. O. , & Melanson, E. L. (1999). Overview of the determinants of overweight and obesity: Current evidence and research issues. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 31 (11), s515-s521.
45. - Hingle M, Kunkel D. (2006). Childhood obesity and the media. From: The Future of Children, Volume 16,pp. 19-45 | 10. 1353/foc. 2006. 0001
46. -Horgen, K. B. , & Brownell, K. D. (2002). Confronting the toxic environment: Environmental public health actions in a world crisis. In T. A. Wadden & A. J. Stunkard (Eds. ), Handbook of obesity treatment (pp. 95-106). New York: Guilford Press.
47. -Jebb, S. A. (2002). Energy intake and body weight. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ).
48. - Jong-wook, L. ( 2005). Public health is a social issue. The Lancet , Volume 365 , Issue 9464 , 1005 – 1006 19 March 2005
49. - Kabat-Zinn, J. (1982). An outpatient program in behavioral medicine for chronic pain patients based on the practice of mindfulness meditation: theoretical considerations and preliminary results. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 4 (1):33-47.
50. -Kabat-Zinn, J. (2003). “Mindfulness-based interventions in context: past, present, and future. ” Clinical Psychology: Science & Practice 10 (2): 144-156.
51. -Kelishadi, R. ,Azizi-Soleiman, F. (2014). Controlling childhood obesity: A systematic review on strategies and challenges. journal of research in medical sciences. J Res Med Sci. 19 (10): 993–1008. PMCID: PMC4274579
52. - Kendall, P. C. (2000a). Guiding theory for therapy with children and adolescents. In P. C. Kendall (Ed. ), Child and adolescent therapy cognitive behavioral procedures (2nd ed. , pp. 3-27). New York: Guilford Press.
53. -Kendall, P. C. (Ed. ). (2000b). Child and adolescent therapy. Cognitive-behavioral procedures. New York: Guilford Press.
54. - Klesges, R. C. , Haddock, C. K. , Stein, R. J. , Klesges, L. M. , Eck, L. H. , & Hanson, C. L. (1992). Relationship between psychosocial functioning and body fat in preschool children: A longitudinal investigation. Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 60 (5), 793-796.
55. - Lee, Y. S. , Kek, B. L. K. , Poh, L. K. S. , Saw, S. M. , Loke, K. Y. (2008). The association of raised liver transaminases with physical inactivity, increased waist-hip ratio and other metabolic morbidities in severely obese children. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr;47:172-8.
56. - Lee, Y. S. , Kek, B. L. K. , Poh, L. K. S. , Vaithinathan, R. , Saw, S. M. , Loke, K. Y. (2006) Characterisation of metabolic consequences in severely obese children. In: Paediatric endocrinology: looking into the future: Proceedings of the 4th biennial scientific meeting Asia Pacific Paediatric Endocrine Society; 2006 Nov 1-4; Bangkok, Thailand. Bangkok: Asia Pacific Paediatric Endocrine Society:92.
57. - Lillis, J. , Hayes, S. C. , Bunting, K. , Masuda, A. (2009). Teaching acceptance and mindfulness to improve the lives of the obese: a preliminary test of a theoretical model. Ann Behav Med37 (1):58-69. doi: 10. 1007/s12160-009-9083-x. Epub 2009 Feb 28.
58. - Litton JK, Gonzalez-Angulo AM, Warneke CL, et al: Relationship between obesity and pathologic response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy among women with operable breast cancer. J Clin Oncol 26:4072-4077, 2008
59. -Maffeis, C. (2000). Aetiology of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents. European Journal of Pediatrics, 159 (s1), s35-s44.
60. - Manson, J. E. , Skerrett, P. J. , & Willett, W. C. (2002). Epidemiology of health risks associated with obesity. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds.), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook (2nd ed.). New York:Guilford Press.
61. - Maynard, B. R. , Solis, M. R. , Miller, V. (2014). Mindfulness-Based Interventions for Improving Academic Achievement, Behavior and Socio-Emotional Functioning of Primary and Secondary Students: A Systematic Review. Campbell collaboration
62. - Moore, L. L. , Lombardi, D. A. , White, M. J. , Campbell, J. L. , Olivera, S. A. , & Ellison, R. C. (1991). Influence of parents’ physical activity levels on activity levels of young children. Journal of Pediatrics, 118, 215-219.
63. - National Health and Medical Research Council. (2003a). Clinical practice guidelines for the management of overweight and obesity in adults. Canberra: National Health and Medical Research Council.
64. -National Health and Medical Research Council. (2003b),Clinical practice guidelines for the management of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents. Canberra: National Health and Medical Research Council.
65. - National Institutes of Health. (1998). Clinical guidelines on the identification, evaluation and treatment of overweight and obesity in adults. Bethesta: National Institutes of Health.
66. - Nemet,D. et. Al. (2005). Short- and Long-Term Beneficial Effects of a Combined Dietary–Behavioral–Physical Activity Intervention for the Treatment of Childhood Obesity,Pediatrics Vol. 115 No. 4. pp. e443 -e449 (doi: 10. 1542/peds. 2004-2172)
67. -Ng, M. , et al. (2013). Global, regional, and national prevalence of overweight and obesity in children and adults during 1980–2013: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study. Volume 384, No. 9945, p766–781, 30 August 2014
68. - O’Reilly, G. A. , Cook, L. , Spruijt-Metz, D. , Black, D. S. (2014). Mindfulness-based interventions for obesity-related eating behaviours: a literature review. Obes Rev. 15 (6):453-61. doi: 10. 1111/obr. 12156. Epub 2014 Mar 18.
69. - Phillips, R. G. , & Hill, A. J. (1998). Fat, plain, but not friendless: Self esteem and peer acceptance of obese pre-adolescent girls. International Journal of Obesity, 22, 287-293.
70. - Puhl, R. , & Brownell, K. D. (2002). Stigma, discrimination, and obesity. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ). New York: Guilford Press.
71. - Rashidi, A. , Mohammadpour-Ahranjani, B. , Vafa, M. R. , Karandish, M. (2005), Prevalence of obesity in Iran. Obes Rev. 6 (3):191-2.
72. - Redline, S. , Tishler, P. V. , Schluchter, M. , Aylor, J. , Clark, K. , & Graham, G. (1999). Risk factors for sleep-disordered breathing in children. Associations with obesity, race and respiratory problems. American Journal of Critical Care, 159,1527-1532.
73. - Rosen, J. C. (1997). Cognitive-behavioral body image therapy. In D. M. Garner & P. E. Garfinkel (Eds. ), Handbook of treatment for eating disorders (2nd ed. , pp. 188- 201). New York: Guilford Press.
74. - Rosen, J. C. (2002). Obesity and body image. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ). New York: Guilford Press.
75. - Sallis, J. F. F. , Patterson, T. L. , McKenzie, T. L. , & Nader, P. R. (1988). Family variables and physical activity in preschool children. J Dev Behav Pediatric, 9, 57-61.
76. - Sarwer, D. B. , & Thompson, J. K. (2002). Obesity and body image disturbance. In T. A. Wadden & A. J. Stunkard (Eds. ), Handbook of obesity treatment (pp. 447-464). New York: Guilford Press.
77. - Schwimmer, J. B. , Burwinkle, T. M. , & Varni, J. W. (2003). Health related quality of life of severely obese children and adolescents. Journal of the American Medical Association, 289 (14), 1813-1819.
78. - Shaw, K. , O’Rourke, P. , Del Mar, C. , & Kenardy, J. (2005). Psychological interventions for overweight or obesity. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Issue 2. Art. No. : CD003818. DOI: 10. 1002/14651858. CD003818. pub2.
79. - Semple, R. J. , Reid, E. F. G. , & Miller, L. (2005). Treating anxiety with mindfulness: An open trial of mindfulness training for anxious children. Journal of Cognitive Psychotherapy, 19, 379– 392.
80. - Soeliman,F. A. ,& Azadbakht,L. (2014). Weight loss maintenance: A review on dietary related strategies. J Res Med Sci. 2014 Mar; 19 (3): 268–275.
81. - Soleimaninanadegani, M. , Shahmohammadi, N. (2013), The Impact of Mindfulness-based Cognitive Therapy on Anthropometric Indices Balance in High-school Obese Girls’ Students in Iran. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 84:542 – 548
82. -Sojcher, R. 1. , Gould Fogerite, S. , Perlman, A. (2012). Evidence and potential mechanisms for mindfulness practices and energy psychology for obesity and binge-eating disorder. Explore (NY). 2012 Sep-Oct;8 (5):271-6. doi: 10. 1016/j. explore. 2012. 06. 003.
83. - Sorof, J. , Daniels, S. (2002). Obesity hypertension in children: a problem of epidemic proportions. Hypertension ,40:441-7
84. - Staffieri, J. R. (1967). A study of social stereotypy of body image. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 7, 101.
85. - Stunkard, A. J. , Berkowitz, R. I. , Stallings, V. A. , & Schoeller, D. A. (1999). Energy intake, not energy output, is a determinant of body size in infants. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 69 (3), 524-530.
86. -Swinburn, B. A. , & Egger, G. (2004). The runaway weight gain train: Too many accelerators, not enough brakes. British Medical Journal, 329, 736-739.
87. - Togashi K, Masuda H, Rankinen T, Tanaka S, Bouchard C, Kamiya H. (2002). Human Genomics Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, USA. togashi@edu. mie-u. ac. jp International Journal of Obesity and Related Metabolic Disorders : Journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity [26 (6):770-777] Type: Journal Article DOI: 10. 1038/sj. ijo. 0801992
88. - Tsiros, M. D. , Sinn, N. , Brennan, L. , Coates, A. M. , Walkley, J. W. , Petkov, J. , Howe, P. R. , Buckley, J. D. (2008). Cognitive behavioral therapy improves diet and body composition in overweight and obese adolescents. Am J Clin Nutr, 87 (5):1134-40.
89. - U. S. Preventive services task force. (2015). Final Research Plan: Obesity and Weight Management in Children and Adolescents: Screening and Interventions. http://www. uspreventiveservicestaskforce. org
90. - Vanhala, M. , Vanhala, P. , Kumpusalo, E. , Halonen, P. , & Takala, J. (1998). Relation between obesity from childhood to adulthood and the metabolic syndrome: population based study. British Medical Journal, 317, 319.
91. - Vidal J. (2002). Updated review on the benefits of weight loss. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 2002 Dec;26 Suppl 4:S25-8.
92. - Vos, R. C. , Huisman, S. D. , Houdijk, E. C. , Pijl, H. , Wit, J. M. (2012). The effect of family-based multidisciplinary cognitive behavioral treatment on health-related quality of life in childhood obesity. Qual Life Res, 21 (9):1587-94. doi: 10. 1007/s11136-011-0079-1. Epub 2011 Dec 8.
93. - Wadden, T. A. , Womble, L. G. , Stunkard, A. J. , & Anderson, D. A. (2002). Psychosocial consequences of obesity and weight loss. In T. A. Wadden & A. J. Stunkard (Eds. ), Handbook of Obesity Treatment (pp. 144-169). New York: Guilford Press.
94. - Whitaker, R. C. , Deeks, C. M. , Baughcum, A. E. , & Specker, B. L. (2000). The relationship of childhood adiposity to parent body mass index and eating behavior. Obesity Research, 8 (3), 234-240.
95. -Whitaker, R. C. , Wright, J. A. , Pepe, M. S. , Seidel, K. D. , & Dietz, W. H. (1997). Predicting obesity in young adulthood from childhood and parental obesity. New England Journal of Medicine, 337 (13), 869 -873.
96. - Wing, R. et. Al. (2011). Benefits of Modest Weight Loss in Improving Cardiovascular Risk Factors in Overweight and Obese Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes the Look AHEAD Research Group, doi: 10. 2337/dc10-2415 Diabetes Care July 2011 vol. 34 no. 7 1481-1486
97. -Wolf, A. M. (2002). The health economic of obesity and weight loss. In C. G. Fairburn & K. D. Brownell (Eds. ), Eating disorders and obesity. A comprehensive handbook. (2nd ed. ). New York: Guilford Press.
98. -World Health Organisation. (2015). Obesity and overweight, Fact sheet N°311, Updated January 2015
99. - Yabroff, R. K. , Lund, J. , Kepka, D. , Mariotto, A. (2011). Economic Burden of Cancer in the US: Estimates, Projections, and Future Research. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. Author manuscript; available in PMC 2012 Oct 1. Published in final edited form as: Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011 Oct; 20 (10): 2006–2014. doi: 10. 1158/1055-9965. EPI-11-0650 PMCID: PMC3191884 NIHMSID: NIHMS319751
100. - Vicennati, V. , Pasqui, F. , Cavazza, C. , Pagotto, U. , Pasquali, R. (2009). Stress-related development of obesity and cortisol in women. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009 Sep; 17 (9):1678-83.
101. - Weiss, E. C. , Galuska, D. A. , Kettel Khan, L. , Gillespie, C. , Serdula, M. K. (2007). Weight regain in U. S. adults who experienced substantial weight loss, 1999-2002. Am J Prev Med. 2007 Jul; 33 (1):34-40.
102. -Zeller, M. H. , Roehrig, H. R. , Modi, A. C. , Daniels, S. R. , Inge, T. H. (2006), Health-related quality of life and depressive symptoms in adolescents with extreme obesity presenting for bariatric surgery. Pediatrics; 117:1155-61